Cottage Interior

Radon in Your Home or Cottage - Be Aware

Radon is a radioactive gas that comes from the breakdown of uranium in soil, rock & water. Radon gas can enter your home or cottage where the building contacts the soil including cracks in foundation walls or floor slabs, gaps around service pipes and support posts, floor drains & sumps, and your water supply. Radon can be found in groundwater from private wells too.

Radon is colourless, odourless & tasteless.

Almost all homes & cottages have some radon. The levels depend on many factors including the uranium content of the soil, the amount of contact of the building with the soil, the condition of the foundation, and occupant issues such as exhaust fans, windows & fireplaces.

Because there are so many factors, it is not possible to predict the level of radon in your home or cottage. The only way to know is to have the dwelling tested.

Carbon Monoxide Safety

If you have a gas, oil, propane or wood-burning heating system or appliance, you need carbon monoxide alarms ! Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless, tasteless gas that is referred to0 as “the silent killer”.

Carbon monoxide detectors are required by law in every home & cottage.


We Love Dickey Lake

Get In Touch